The recipe you have all been waiting for is here! Seriously though, this Apple Cinnamon Bread is to die for. It may be vegan and paleo but I promise you will not be able to tell the difference. It is everything we love about Fall in one bite.
- 1 flax egg or regular egg
- 2 ¼ cups diced apples
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ½ cup pure maple sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper or with coconut oil spray. Prepare flax egg by combining 1 tablespoon ground flax seed and 2 ½ tablespoons boiling water. Let sit for 10- 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the coconut sugar and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon.
- In a large mixing bowl, add almond flour, tapioca flour, maple sugar, baking soda, baking powder, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and sea salt and mix well.
- Add in the flax egg, apple sauce, almond milk, apple cider vinegar and vanilla extract. Mix with a hand or still mixer and whisk until combined.
- Spread half the batter on the loaf pan and add about half the apples and cinnamon sugar mixture on top.
- Spread the rest of the batter evenly over the apple layer and top with the remainder of the apples and cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake for 50- 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean. I generally check it between 30-40 minutes and cover it with foil if the top is beginning to crystallize.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before slicing.