Flourless, Vegan, and Paleo Brownies. These are incredibly fudgy but with a nice crisp edge. Pair with vanilla ice cream and my goodness, they are insane. They are super easy to make, and sure to be a crowd pleaser! They freeze well so it makes an easy go to dessert when you do not want to make anything. I generally keep a few pieces in the fridge and then store the rest in the freezer. We are still snowed in here in Nashville, so my weekend plans include these brownies and some Netflix.
Ready in 45 minutes Servings 16 brownies Paleo, Vegan, Refined Sugar Free
- 2 flax eggs
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Optional: 2 scoops of collagen
- 2 or 3 tablespoons of chocolate chips + 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees F and line a square pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare flax eggs by combining 2 tablespoons ground flax seed and 5 tablespoons hot water.
- Let sit for 10- 15 minutes.
- In a stand mixer, combine flax eggs, almond butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, and mix until smooth and combined.
- Add in the coconut oil, vanilla extract, and collagen if doing and mix until combined
- Add in cocoa powder, baking powder, and fine sea salt and mix until incorporated.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared square baking dish.*
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean. Cool for a few minutes before drizzling with melted chocolate.
- To make the chocolate drizzle, place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 seconds increments until melted.
- Drizzle chocolate over the cooled brownies and sprinkle with flakey sea salt.
- Cut into 16 brownies and store at room temperature for no longer than a day and then transfer to the fridge up to a week!*
The batter should be sticky and thick. You can also freeze these brownies. Wrap them individually in plastic wrap and freezer paper and place in a freezer safe bag.