- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 1 jalapeno diced and de-seeded (or keep the seeds to make it spicier)
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 4oz can of diced green chilis
- 1 packet taco seasoning*
- 1 can (14.5 oz) petite diced tomatoes
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 3-4 cups chicken broth (amount depends on how much broth you like)
- 1 can (14.5 oz) of black beans drained and rinsed (omit for paleo)
- Salt & fresh ground pepper Toppings: fresh lime juice, cilantro, dairy free sour cream, avocado and chips
- For the chicken, remove the skin and cut into bite size pieces.
- In a dutch oven or large pot, add avocado oil over medium high heat.
- Add onions and cook for about 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add in garlic, jalapeno, and diced green chilis and statue for a couple more minutes.
- Add in the taco packet or taco seasonings and canned tomatoes stirring until mixed in.
- Turn heat to low and add in the chicken, chicken broth, black beans, salt, and pepper. Stir until combined.
- Cover with lid and allow to simmer for 2-6 hours on low or cook on medium high for at least 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Top with lime juice and cilantro and any other toppings.
I used Siete Foods Taco Seasoning. Make sure you check the ingredients of your taco seasoning