I was going to share Part 3 of my skin journey today but I figured with it being an Election Day, we all need a little bit of happy. These graham crackers are amazing! It may seem like a lot of steps but they are actually very easy to make. Take a break this afternoon and make these so you can enjoy a good s’more tonight!
Servings 24 graham crackers
- 5 tablespoons unsalted grass fed butter
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup cassava flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon fine sea salt
- In a stand mixer combine butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup and vanilla extract and beat on medium high for 5 minutes until light and creamy.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine all the dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and beat only until mixed.
- Put a piece of plastic wrap down and form dough into a ball and place it on top of the plastic wrap. Add another piece on top and flatten the dough into about a 1 inch thick rectangle. Place in the fridge for 4 hours.
- Roll out the dough into a ¼ inch thick rectangle in between two pieces of parchment paper. Using a pizza cutter cut in half horizontally, and then two vertically (should be six rectangles). Then lightly press with the pizza cutter and cut each rectangle into quarters (do not cut all the way through).
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 12-17 minutes (mine took about 15) .
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes on a wire rack and turn the oven on 200 degrees F and place the wire rack in the oven for an hour to an hour and half.*
- Store in an airtight container for a couple weeks!
I have not tried this with vegan butter, but if you are vegan and want to try it I recommend a stick of butter, not the spreadable kind
Step 7 is not necessary but it will help keep the graham crackers churchy if you are not consuming them right away