I made this salad last week and fell in love. The apple, hazelnuts, and hints of maple is divine. This is the perfect Fall side dish!
Ready in 20 minutes Serves 4 people
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup roughly chopped raw hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons honey (or maple syrup)
- ⅛ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 green apple sliced
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese (omit for paleo)*
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon gluten free soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, add olive oil, hazelnuts, honey, and sea salt.
- Stir until nuts are evenly coated.
- Cook until nuts are golden and toasted. Let cool in a bowl.
- To make dressing, add all ingredients into a bowl or jar and whisk until combined
- In a salad bowl, combine all the salad ingredients and toss with dressing*
Vegan parmesan cheese would also work I did not use all the dressing, so try ¾ of it and taste then add more if needed