If you were following along for what I was doing to prep for camping last weekend, you saw these cookies. I have been making this recipe for a couple years but just recently decided to try it with nut milk and cashew butter. One gluten-filled person said “it is better than the “normal” variations of these cookies” and coming from a peanut butter lover, that is a high praise. These healthier no bake cookies are vegan friendly, refined sugar free, and gluten free. They come together in like 10 minutes and seriously taste like the real deal. Whatever your weekend plans are include making these cookies!
Ready in 40 minutes Servings 25 cookies
- 8 tablespoons grass-fed butter or vegan butter
- 1 ½ cups coconut sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk*
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups gluten free old fashioned oats
- ½ cup cashew butter*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Line a large cookie sheet with wax paper.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium high heat, add butter, coconut sugar, almond milk and cocoa powder and bring it to a boil.
- Stir to help the butter melt. Once it starts to boil (bubbles all around), let boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and immediately add in the oats, cashew butter, and vanilla extract mixing until combined.
- Working fast, using a quarter inch cookie scoop, scoop the dough on the cookie sheet and set in the fridge for 30 minutes before eating (if you want flatter cookies, flatten the cookie with a spatula)
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
I have used peanut butter and regular milk in these and they turned out great