I originally was not a chocolate lover (I know strange) but in the last few years I started to like it more and more. Brownies are starting to be my thing- especially cold. As a result, the brownie protein ball recipe came into play. These are full of healthy fats, protein, sweetened with dates, and enjoyed by the whole family.!
Brownie Protein Bites (paleo, vegan, no sugar added) Servings: 12-15 bites
- ¾ cup dates
- ½ cup pecans
- ¼ cup cashews
- 2 scoops unflavored collagen peptides (or protein powder)
- 2 tablespoons almond or cashew butter
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened nut milk
- 1 ½ tablespoons cocoa powder (or more if desired)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Soak dates in warm water for 1-2 minutes.
- Add soaked dates, pecans, and cashews in a food processor and pulse until a crumbly sticky dough forms.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and pulse a few more times until combined.
- Form into 1 inch balls and store in an airtight container in the fridge.