I woke up to Pumpkin Spice Latte (PSL) season even though it still feels like summer in Nashville! I am all about jumping on board for everything pumpkin spice so obviously I created a vegan and paleo pumpkin spice sauce. I promise it is better than Starbucks and does not have all the added ingredients and 50 grams of sugar. This would also be great over pancakes, waffles…I mean pumpkin spice makes everything better right?
Pumpkin Spice Sauce (Paleo, Vegan, Refined Sugar Free)
Servings: About 1 cup
- ½ cup unsweetened nut milk of choice (I used homemade almond milk)
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a medium sized saucepan, add all the ingredients except vanilla extract on medium high heat. Whisk ingredients until smooth and when the sauce starts to bubble around the edges turn heat to low and let simmer for 8-12 minutes.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Strain in a fine mesh strainer (you do not have to do this step it just makes it extra smooth).
- Allow sauce to cool (it should thicken more as it does) and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.