Last weekend we went to a farm and picked strawberries so I obviously had to make a strawberry crisp. It turned out so yummy, I could not wait to share it with you! If you do not have strawberries on hand, no worries as any berries will work.
Strawberry Filling Ingredients
- 4 ½ cup chopped strawberries
- ¼ cup honey (or maple syrup)
- 2 ½ tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- 7 tablespoons softened grass-fed butter
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Add chopped strawberries, honey, arrowroot, lemon juice and cinnamon to a 9 by 9 square pan and stir until combined.
- In a medium size bowl stir together the oats, almond flour, pecans, coconut sugar, vanilla extract and salt.
- Add in softened butter and stir until combined (can use a hand mixer but I always use my hands).
- Add the topping mixture to the strawberry filling and spread it out evenly.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the filling is bubbling around the edges.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy with vanilla ice cream!
** If using frozen strawberries, let them thaw completely.