Ready in: 1 hour Serves: 6 people
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 1 zucchini chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 sweet potato diced
- 1 pound ground turkey*
- 2 ½ tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt (or to taste)
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup Low FODMAP marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 cups Low FODMAP chicken broth (or more if you like a thinner chili)*
- Dash of Cayenne pepper (optional)
- In a large soup pan, over medium high heat, add the avocado oil, red pepper, and sweet potato and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add in ground turkey and zucchini.
- Break the ground turkey apart with a spoon and cook for 5 minutes or until it is browned.
- Add all the seasonings and stir until well combined.
- Add the broth and marinara sauce, stirring until combined.
- Reduce to a low medium simmer for 30 minutes (lid off), stirring occasionally.
- Enjoy it with your favorite toppings!
If you want the chili to simmer for longer, put the heat on low for as long as you need. I do think chili gets better the longer it sits.