New caramel sauce coming in hot on this lovely Saturday morning! This #paleo and #vegan caramel sauce is dreamy and perfect to make an iced caramel latte. The caramel sauce is only 4 simple ingredients. Bonus is you most likely have sitting in your pantry already.
Total time 40 minutes Servings: 1 cup
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- ½ cup coconut sugar (can sub maple syrup)
- ¼ + ⅛ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, combine coconut milk, coconut sugar, and fine sea salt. Stir until combined.
- Cook on medium high heat until the sauce comes to a simmer.
- Once the sauce comes to a simmer, turn the heat down to a medium low and cook until sauce has thickened and is a dark amber color. It should take between 30-40 minutes.
- After it is done, stir in the vanilla extract and allow to cool before storing.
- Best stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Coconut sugar is low fodmap in serving sizes less than 3 teaspoons. 1 tablespoon of this caramel sauce is low fodmap, but you can also do ¼ maple syrup and ¼ cup coconut sugar to make the servings size 2 tablespoons or sub maple syrup for the coconut sugar completely.