Ready in: 40 minutes Prep Time: 10 minutes Servings: 12 hearts
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 2 ½ tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 scoops unflavored collagen*
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips & ½ teaspoon melted coconut oil
- Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix almond butter, melted coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract together.
- Mix until combined.
- Stir in the collagen peptides until a dough forms.
- Using a ½ tablespoon, scoop dough and roll into balls.
- Place on parchment paper and press down using your hand and form into a heart. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Add the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on low in 30 seconds increments until the chocolate is melted.
- Dip hearts in the chocolate and place on a cooling rack or back on the parchment paper. Once it cools you can drizzle with more chocolate and place back in the freezer for 10 -15 minutes.
You can sub any nut butter but just keep in mind you may need to add more coconut oil, or more collagen as some nut butters are more oily or more dry than others. If vegan, you can sub any protein powder or try coconut flour.