Ready in: 15 minutes Servings: 6 slices
- 3 slices sourdough bread- cut in half (around 4/5 pieces of regular bread)
- ½ tablespoon vegan or regular butter
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 ½ tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons arrowroot powder
- ¾ teaspoon- 1 teaspoon teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons teaspoon ground flax seed
- Whisk coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, baking powder, arrowroot powder, cinnamon, and ground flax seed in a bowl until combined and the arrowroot is completely mixed in.
- Pour into a shallow bowl where you can easily dip the bread in.
- In a medium pan, over medium high, heat melt the butter.
- Dip the bread in the wet ingredients and allow 2-3 seconds per side and add to the pan.
- Cook about 2-3 minutes per side of bread or until golden brown.
- Top with fruit, maple syrup and enjoy!
You can sub any type of bread.