I cannot believe there is only a week until Christmas! If you are spending a weekend wrapping presents and baking all the fun treats, here is an easy dinner idea for you. This comes together in 30 minutes and is creamy, comforting and just perfect winter meal.
Ready in 30 minutes Serves 2 people
- 2 cups dry Banza shells or Jovial Cassava elbows*
- 14oz chicken Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter or vegan butter
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ½ tablespoon fresh rosemary
- ½ cup unsweetened cashew milk*
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt or more to taste
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 ½ to 2 cups frozen or fresh kale
- Lemon juice from ½ of a small fresh lemon
- Optional: Fresh parmesan
- Make pasta as package instructions but cook until al dente (slightly undercooked).
- In a large skillet over high heat brown the chicken sausage and break it into pieces until fully cooked.
- Remove the sausage from the skillet and turn the heat to low.
- Let the pan cool for at least a minute and then add butter, fresh rosemary and minced garlic. Cooking only until the garlic is fragrant. Your butter will bubble, but if it starts to brown, remove the pan from heat.
- Stir in the cashew milk and add in the fine sea salt and ground pepper.
- Add 1 cup of the sausage. Stir until combined.
- Stir in the cooked pasta and kale and cook for just a couple minutes until kale is wilted and pasta is fully cooked.
- Top with fresh squeezed lemon juice, fresh rosemary, more ground pepper and parmesan (if doing).
I used Banza shells, but for paleo use Jovial Cassava Elbows
Make sure your cashew milk is unsweetened and clean ingredients
You can omit the kale if needed or sub spinach