Have you ever made coconut whipped cream before? It is so delicious and pairs great with pumpkin pie! You can make this ahead of time or on the day needed. Just make sure you store your canned coconut milk in the fridge overnight.
Ready in 15 minutes Serves 6-8 people
- 1 can full fat canned coconut milk or canned coconut cream refrigerated overnight
- 2 to 3 tablespoons powdered sugar (or to taste)*
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place hand beaters and mixing bowl in the freezer for 15 minutes. Do not skip this step! It is really important for getting the coconut cream to whip.
- After your coconut milk or coconut cream has refrigerated overnight, the cream will be on top and the liquid on the bottom. Scoop out the cream, making sure you don’t get any of the liquid into the cold mixing bowl.
- Beat on high for a minute until it starts to resemble whipped cream.
- Add in the vanilla extract and powdered sugar.
- Continue to beat for another minute.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 8-14 days!
You can also add maple syrup if you do not have powdered sugar