It is finally soup season! This soup is easy to make, full of vegetables and makes for a great lunch or dinner.
Ready in 45 minutes
Serves 8 people
- 1 ½ tablespoons avocado oil
- 10 oz bag of frozen riced cauliflower (about 1 ¼ cup)
- 9 oz bag of fresh broccoli chopped finely
- 1 cup diced butternut squash*
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 3 tablespoon arrowroot powder + 3 tablespoons water
- 2 ½ cups vegetable broth (or chicken if not vegan)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or cashew milk
- ¼ vegan queso or nutritional yeast*
- ½ lemon juiced
- 1 tsp fine sea salt (or to taste)
- Fresh ground pepper
- In a Dutch Oven or soup pot, over medium heat, add avocado oil, rice cauliflower, broccoli, butternut squash, onion and sauté for 5-7 minutes.
- Add in garlic, salt, and pepper and sauté for a few more minutes.
- Make arrowroot slurry by combining arrowroot powder and whisking until combined until no clumps remain.
- Add vegetable broth, almond milk, vegan queso, and arrowroot slurry and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to low and simmer for 15-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Serve with crackers and vegan or regular cheese if desired.
Tips ** I personally do not love the flavor of nutritional yeast so I added in a vegan queso. If you are not dairy free you could do cheese instead
** If you do not have butternut squash feel free to use potato or sweet potato ** You can sub fresh veggies for frozen or vise versa