Easy tips healthy swaps for desserts
- Sub applesauce for butter and/or oil.
- Use flax eggs instead of eggs.
- Use coconut sugar instead of cane/brown sugar.
- Add collagen for some extra protein.
- Use less sugar- if I am following someone else’s recipe, I almost always can do less sugar
- Consider using natural sweeteners- like dates, mashed bananas etc. For example, when I make nut milk, I sweeten it with dates rather than maple syrup.
- Freeze half of the dough. Whenever I make cookies, I almost always freeze half the dough to help with self-control and then you always have an easy dessert on hand.
- Half the recipe-limit the treats. If the recipe is not freezer friendly, I generally half it.
- Some dessert recipes allow for flour subs- if so almond and oat flour are great. You can also always keep a paleo all-purpose flour in your panty.
P.S. If you have not turned my chocolate cookies into a cookie ice cream sandwich, do it!