Any chocolate lovers out there? If so, you are going to love this no sugar added, vegan and paleo chocolate milk. It is naturally sweetened with dates, and is delicious in coffee. You also do not strain cashew milk which makes for an easy clean up!
Cashew Coconut Chocolate Milk
Servings: 4-5 cups Ingredients
- ½ cup raw cashews soaked for at least four hours
- 4 unpitied dates soaked for 10 minutes (or more if you like it sweet)
- ¾ cup full fat coconut milk
- 3 ¼ cup filtered water
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (if you like it very chocolatey do more)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ fine sea salt
- Soak cashews in water for at least 4 hours.
- Soak the dates for 10 minutes and discard the water.
- Drain and rinse the cashews and add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender.
- Blend until smooth and store in the refrigerator up to 5 days. ** This is not a sweet chocolate milk, so if you like it sweet I would add more dates, or sub maple syrup