Blueberries are in season and this is a fantastic way to use them! These are easy to pull together, totally vegan, refined sugar free, oil free, and gluten free. The maple lemon butter kicks it up to a whole new level and the grass-fed butter can easily be replaced with vegan butter.
Blueberry Lemon Muffins (vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free) Servings: 8 muffins
Ingredients Blueberry Muffins:
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¾ cup gluten free oat flour (if using homemade make sure it is finely ground)
- ¼ tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ lemon zested
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
Maple Lemon Butter:
- 3 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 3 teaspoons maple syrup
- ¼- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and lemon zest.
- In a small bowl mix, together all the dry ingredients and add to the wet ingredients.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon the batter evenly into a cup or liner and bake for 20-25 minutes (mine took 22 minutes).
- While the muffins are baking, mix together the butter, lemon and maple syrup until combined (can mix by hand or use an electric mixer).
- Serve the muffins with a dollop of maple lemon butter on top and enjoy!