I hope you guys are having a great weekend so far! I am sharing one of my all-time favorite recipes- fudgy brownies with crispy edges, SO good. If you need an easy and delicious dessert for the holiday weekend, look no further. It is Gluten Free, paleo, egg-free and refined-sugar-free but I promise no one will be able to tell.
Fudgy Brownies (paleo & vegan friendly)
Servings: 16 brownies
- 4 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- ½ cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup softened grass-fed butter
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup coco powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼- ½ cup paleo chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and place parchment paper in an 8 by 8 square pan.
- Add 4 tablespoons ground flaxseed and ½ cup boiling water and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Add the softened butter, flax eggs, coconut sugar, maple syrup and vanilla extract to a bowl and mix until combined.
- Add the almond flour, coco powder, baking soda & sea salt.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Place batter in prepared pan and spread evenly (the batter will be sticky).
- Bake for 35-40 minutes (mine take 36-37) or until edges are crispy and top with flacked sea salt if desired.
- Let cool completely. Store at room temperature for a day and then transfer to the fridge. ** To make vegan I would substitute palm shortening or Earth Balance stick butter