Instead of #topictuesday today, I thought I would share an easy and perfect summer recipe. I always loved my Mom’s chicken salad and knew I needed to make my own version. I love to eat it over greens, with crackers, or with some toasted bread.
Mom’s Chicken Salad (paleo, egg free)
- 2 chicken breasts shredded (or can use rotisserie)
- 1/3 cup @followyourheart mayonnaise
- ¾ cup chopped grapes
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Ground pepper to taste
- To make the chicken, add water to the bottom of your crockpot and place chicken in the water. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low until chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Take chicken out and shred.
- Combine all the ingredients into a bowl and stir until combined.
- Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator. ***** I do not like a ton of mayo, so add as little or as much as you like. If you do not have grapes, I also love chopped apple and/or Craisins.