I made @halfbakedharvest Cinnamon Toast Crunch recipe and had to make a glutenfree and refinedsugarfree one. I hope you enjoy!
Servings: 3 cups
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon plus ¼ teaspoon
- ¼ cup maple sugar
- 1 ¼ cups King Arthur All Purpose Gluten free flour
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 8 tablespoons grass-fed butter (cut into cubes)
- ¼ cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons melted grass-fed butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the maple sugar and ½ tablespoon on cinnamon in a small bowl.
- In the food processor, combine the gluten free flour, 1/3 teaspoon cinnamon, fine sea salt and chopped butter. Pulse until it starts to clump together. Then add the vanilla and 1 tablespoon of cold water at a time. Keep adding the water until the dough comes together. Note, the dough will be sticky.
- Flour a piece of parchment paper and form the dough into a ball (I had to add a little bit of flour to the dough). Add in 1 tablespoon of the cinnamon sugar mixture and fold into dough.
- Next roll out dough until it is about 1/8 inch thick.
- Brush melted butter all over the dough and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture evenly.
- Cut into ½ inch squares.
- Bake for 14 minutes. Remove from oven and separate the squares and flip them.
- Bake for an additional 4-8 minutes or until golden brown. Let them cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container for up to one week!
** My dough was too sticky to separate the squares before putting them in the oven, that is why I say do it after it has baked a while. Also, if you can flip your dough you can coat both sides with butter and cinnamon sugar (just use half cinnamon sugar mixture on each side).