If you missed it, I am a coffee lover. When I decided to give up refined sugar, it made going to a coffee shop a little harder. Sugar is a sneaky ingredient and is in all the fun drinks like an iced mocha! I decided it was time to create my own mocha sauce. Let me tell you: it will make you not miss Starbucks at all. Enjoy an iced mocha with all the yumminess but without the sugar crash.
Servings: 1 ½ cups
- ¾ cup filtered water
- ¾ cup unsweetened coco powder
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients except vanilla extract in a sauce pan over medium high heat.
- Whisking constantly, let cook for around 5 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Add in the vanilla extract and allow to cool.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or in freezer for up to 3 months.
- Enjoy in coffee, on ice cream or whatever your heart desires!