Burger Up is one of my favorite restaurants in Nashville. I love their house salad and consume it every time I go. I figured I would try to make it at home.
- 3 cups butter lettuce
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup shredded Kerrygold cheddar cheese
- 1 cup roasted butternut squash
- 1/2 of an avocado
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- Combine butter lettuce I did about ¾ of the container, or about 4 cups), butternut squash, avocado, chopped pecans and cheese in a salad bowl.
- Grind freshly ground pepper and sea salt on the salad to taste.
- Mix together extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey.
- Toss the dressing (I generally don’t use all the dressing) in the salad and enjoy! ** For butternut squash I cut it in cubes and mix in olive oil, salt, and pepper then bake it at 400F for 45-50 minutes.
To make the recipe easier, roast the butternut squash the night before. That way it is cold for the salad. Also, the restaurant salad doesn’t have avocado on it, so if you are going for the exact salad, just take it out