It is paleo & egg free! I use grass-fed butter but you can sub palm shortening if needed.
- 2 flax egg
- 6 tbsp maple sugar & 6 tbsp coconut sugar
- 12 tbsp butter, softened
- 1/2 cup almond butter or cashew butter
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 11/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Make flax egg- combine 2 Tablespoons of ground flax seed and 5 Tablespoons of boiling water. Let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer cream together room temperature butter, sugars and almond butter until fluffy. Add vanilla and flax egg, beating until combined (should be a fluffy and sticky texture).
- Add almond flour, coconut flour, salt, and baking soda and mix until combined.
- Mix in chocolate chips by hand.
- Place dough in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop and roll dough into balls. Place on sheet & flatten with hands
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until golden on the edges
- Store completely cooled cookies in an air tight container.
**I have also stored the already formed cookie slices in freezer. You can take out and immediately bake it. You can also make the dough into a log form and freeze it that way.
Chocolate Chip cookies have always been a favorite of mine. Since going mostly paleo five years ago I’ve tried almost every recipe out there and never was satisfied. So I started recipe testing my own. I hope you love it as much as I do and if you make it please share!